Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Starting Up


So Sam has been begging me to start blogging again for about four months now. I don't know what the issue was. I think it was that I felt I had so much unsaid that it would be overwhelming. But I decided I would start now and just make a small goal of one a week. Pretty sure no one reads my blogs but sam and steph and honestly I only read their blogs so I figure it is a small way to keep you both updated. Sam if this makes you feel better I started blogging because of your post about me.

Well I know make about an hour and a half commute to the Bronx everyday to work in an elementary school. I take the MTA north to Haarlem and then the subway. Honestly commuting is not cool or as glamorous as they make it seem. Everyday when I get off the train and see the trash, ciagrette butts, dog poop (well who knows I just always tell myself it is dog poop), and homeless people being picked up by the cops and I think wow do I miss disneyland. It was actually ironic the other day I had disney music on my ipod by the projects and it seemed so wrong, to be stepping around the homeless guys while hearing hakuna matata. I try and stick with the beatles, katy perry, or opera now, they have a decent mood and feel a bit more at place. The opera works because it is so dramatic. Best part of my commute has been a dad I see walk his children to school every morning. He is the only person who smiles at me that whole time. Sadly I haven't seen him recently.

I have seen some crazy things in only a week and a half. Yesterday at the train station I was standing next to an ad board when all of the sudden the glass shattered everywhere. Honestly I ran, I kinda thought it was maybe a gun shot or who knows what. Turns out it was so windy that the lock broke and door flung open making a huge noise. At least I wasn't the only one who ran.

The photo above is of my mother when she came to visit me a few weeks ago. We saw Wonderland in it's preview and honestly I loved it. It was funny and the music and costumes were great! Cool part of the city is that I could see a show in preview that could win a tony which means I can say I saw the original broadway cast.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I'm glad you ran from the broken glass. I probably wouldn't even think to run, I'd probably gasp and jump like 8 feet into the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am happy you are blogging! Honestly it doesn't matter who reads it or doesn't; it's more for therapeutic value than anything else. Right now I am imagining you strolling past sun god in your north face, headphones on and then taking them off at the pub to vent to me abt you're coworkers! Ah...I can't wait to see you in a wk :):):)

    ReplyDelete