Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Book Review


My wonderful ex-coworker Mike gifted me the book The Miracles of Santo Fico by D.L. Smith. Honestly it is probably a book I would never have picked up in the store and definitely would not have bought if it wasn't a great sale (I can't resist cheap books). I was very pleasantly surprised.

Taking place in a tiny insignificant Tuscan coast town unfolds a complex story of the ideals of youth compared to the truths of adulthood. It is a traditional story of the youth feeling stifled by the small quiet town. Grasping for a more fast paced and exciting life many leave though all return. I would highly recommend the book that reveals all of the characters secrets in the end and is up lifting in it's reminder that no one knows or cares for us like the family we grew up with.


Picture of The Day- This picture is really for Stephanie. I tell her all the time that I have a way with animals and I can speak to them especially those at the zoos. I often translate what they are saying or how they are feeling to her. I told her I recently found out I am a chicken caller and chickens love and listen to me. Eddie and I went to Stone Farms on the Rockefeller state preserve. It is a farm and restaurant that focuses on educating about healthy and seasonal organic foods. They only serve foods in their very expensive restaurant that are in season and home made on the farm. Well you can walk all over to see animals and in the fields. Everyone chases the chickens around and they run away from them. I start talking in my own chicken language and they all come out of hiding and find me from everywhere. I am surrounded by all these chickens that everyone else is still chasing after. It was honestly a bit scary because their becks are really sharp up close.

Best Thing- Dinner waiting at home for you after work. Eddie made me home made augratin potatoes and they were so delicious I ate way too much. To be honest I did not know he could cook that well they were truly amazing.

Worst Thing- People letting their children do anything including boss them around. Last time I checked parents are the ones making the money and rules. When will parents start acting like that and teach their kids to respect others things. A girl in my store today pulled off all the tags on all toys and furniture and bedding and throw it on the floor. Why?

Crazy thing about New York- The very large number of Garage sales they have ever weekend. I have decided instead of taking everything to thrift stores they sell everything on the weekends. Strangest thing is that they are all called Tag sales instead of yard or garage sales.

2 comments:

  1. I like how that picture was for me, but I didn't even know you had a blog until Sam just told me! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty please, update your blog with pictures for sammy whammy during finals week? :):):)

    ReplyDelete